Bridge House, Annan
Built in 1780, Bridge House was originally to be called the Queensberry Hotel but in the 1790's the building was sold to the Town Council to house the new academy, also referred to as the 'Old Grammar School' or 'Old Academy'. During its time as an academy, Edward Irving (radical preacher) and Thomas Carlyle (writer) were pupils there.
Askins and Little were appointed to rake out and re-point Bridge House in a traditional lime mortar, alongside individual stone replacements and indents. A number of Lithomex colour matched lime mortar repairs were also carried out, and new cast iron railings were supplied and fitted to the entrance steps of the building.