St. Michael's, Stanwix
St. Michael's is a grade II listed building that was built in 1841 however there is evidence of Christian worship dating back to the early years of the Roman occupation. The World Heritage site of Hadrian's Wall runs through the parish, though there are no visible traces of the Wall or the fort today.
Askins & Little were commissioned to carry out masonry repairs and replacements, along with associated leadwork and high level repairs to the church tower. Numerous carved masonry units were cut out and replaced with new dressed sandstone to match the original profile of the surrounding masonry, and areas of traditional lime pointing were carried out by our skilled masons.